Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: ABS removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SURTEESS View Post
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Lis...member=1586234

was there ever an SVX made without ABS ???

the above post shows engine bay with ABS removed - here in NZ I believe that constitutes having to require a modification certificate?

Steve in NZ
It's not "removed" Steve, it was never there.

I think that car is in lovely condition. In Japan when they were launched in 1991 the top of the range SVX was the "Version L". Version L cars had practically all extras you could wish for. They had leather and powered 4WS and cruise and ABS and automatic dimming lights etc, etc. You could get a Version L car without a sunroof, so that was optional, but they had mostly everything. I have a Version L car same colour scheme as this one.

The lowest spec Alcyone SVX was the "Version E" This car you are seeing here is a Version E in base spec for Japan.

My first Claret and Black car from Japan was a Version E, same spec as this one. It came without ABS and if you look at the bulkhead behind the engine you will notice it does not have cruise either. My one also had the same controls on the steering wheel. These are for the radio stereo. It comes equipped with a single din tuner amp and a single din single CD player, Panasonic just like all standard SVX stereos. The buttons on the steering let you change channels and mute the radio. I never found the lack of ABS to be a problem, the brakes were safe and not inclined to lock up.

I loved it. If you look carefully you will notice it has green glass. All my UK silver ones have that hideous not-dark-enough bronze glass, and my jdm 94 silver has blue glass. The blue glass is not too bad, but it's not a patch on the green.

Also I prefer those alcantara seats to the leather ones. They are more comfortable. Another nice feature if you look closely at the mirror controls, you'll notice it has the mirrors that close by servo motor at the press of a button.

That's a Japanese Version E in base spec.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl

Last edited by svxistentialist; 02-23-2010 at 02:58 PM.