Thread: She's gone
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 10:14 PM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX
Re: She's gone

Oh it's a real motorcycle, don't you worry about that

The other bikes are gone, I'm down to 2 vehicles, the truck and the bike. I got the other bikes running again though.

The bike I got, well... It was running rear cylinder only. The intake lifter had colapsed, thus when the cam came around and lifted, being hydraulically controlled, the lifter colapsed, and didn't push the pushrod, so the rockers didn't rock, and the valves didn't open to spray fuel.

Replaced the lifter, but the cam was worn. Replaced the cams with more agressive cams, paired with adjustable pushrods, and heftier rocker springs, and ceramic lifters. There was an open recall on the 4th gear retaining clip, which involved completely breaking down the engine, so free gaskets all around for me. Did the other stuff without having to worry about a gasket kit as they were all brand new. Others are claiming between 90-100 hp and 120lb torque with this setup.

A buddy of mine and I plan to rock Tail of the Dragon this summer. It should be fun. I have had a blast on the bike, but I'm not a year round rider like some people .

I still have a longing for a cb350 cafe style for around town. Little old bikes like that are awesome. But the low center of gravity, where both my feet can actually touch the ground, of my roadstar, makes it really comfortable, and quite manageable, both around town and on the highway.

Yes, my SVX is back! It seems it took a pretty good beating while it was away, but it's new owner seems like quite a decent guy who doesn't let his cars go to ****. I hope that he can make it to Reading. We've conversed about what I did, where it is, what's been done, and what happened between when I had it and when he got it.

It was a vacuum opperated petcock, and I got it going. And sold it yesterday. Helloooooo refsurfaced hardwood floors, which were desperately needed in hte dining room. Mortgage eats the whole check, I bought at my limit. Any modifications or improvements come from selling assets I own, for now. It sucks, but the house is MINE!
2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!