View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 11:03 PM

Re: 6 Speed Buildup/Versions Recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynomatt View Post
For my money, and for a road car, I'd reckon the lastest 6 speed out of the Legacy's might be a better option. Ratios even taller again, great for cruising, and nowhere near as heavy as the current STI 6 speed. Check out ther ratios (compared to the above link) here

http://www.subaru.com.au/models/libe...fications/all/

And before anybody asks, it's behind the current spec 2.5 turbo with 195kw and 300nm of torque. More than enough for an SVX.

Just my two bobs worth.

M

Just FYI... the '10 Legacy GT's 6MT... is a 5MT + another gear. from what I've read, the 5MT was a 4MT+1 before...

50/50 AWD. No VTD, No DCCD.

And it is cable shifted, not linkage shifted... not sure what implications that will have to retro-fit, and the shift action on the '10 is reported to be less direct.

And don't use the 05-07 Legacy GT clutch. 06+ WRX 5MT single-mass flywheel, and aftermarket clutch, or substitute an aftermarket flywheel as well. The OE 05-07 Legacy GT clutch is not that great for holding power, feel, or wear... and slipping even just a little bit makes the most horrible smell. That is something I do have experience with.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.