View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 11:16 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
Re: Car wont start tried everything I can think of... I'm confused! help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybeas View Post
Ok so my svx had been having issues and stalling out and losing power while driving randomly like the alternator was going out. It also would occasionally have the high pitched alternator whine this was another factor that made me think it was the alternator. The wires to the alternator were a mess and decaying. I started there and I repaired the 18 year old wiring harness from where it was very protected removing all the damaged old wires and replacing them with new 10 gauge wire. After that the car functioned better for a while then randomly shut off and back on power a few times then while driving on the freeway it just died.

I just replaced the alternator with a lightly used alternator that came off a friends parts car. and nothing.... all I can get to work are my electric drivers seat and alarm system no lights no gauges no attempt to start when cranked. Any Ideas??? my baby is dead in the water!!! help!
Start with fuses would be my first place.

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles