View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 05:20 AM

Registered SVX
Re: Transmission Slipping Please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by gee55987 View Post
Alright some relatively good news. I had a regular engine diagnostics test done on it and found a couple things. Two codes came up. P0748 was one and I can't remember the other. They were similar. Definition for P078 is pressure control solenoid "a" electrical. Probable cause open circuit, poor electrical connection and or failed pressure control solenoid. The second code was failed TCC Solenoid and/or TPS misadjusted or faulty. Now I have not a clue what to do. If you or anyone can please guide me? I thinking this pressure control unit Solenoid A took a crap but I don;t know where it is or how to get to it. Is it even something that can be replaced. Anymore help would be more than great! Thanks!
Yes, it is good news because the components involved can be accessed without removing the transmission.

Start with the TPS. Go to the how too section and check the instructions covering testing, cleaning and setting, Ignore the complicated stuff involving marking up a scale on a board.

Solenoid “A” directly controls line pressure and is vital. It is located on the valve body in the bottom of the tranny and can be accessed by removing the oil pan. Not too time consuming, if you have to pay for it.

Solenoid “C” controls the centre clutch delivering power to the rear wheels and again is accessible, but a little more time is involved. Do a search here.

Come back with some advice on your mechanical experience, so that we know if detailed advice is required. Please also use the shift key to make your posts easier to read.

P.S. I am sure you appreciate that you must not drive with the tranny slipping, because this will severely wear friction surfaces and terminate the works.

Was the resistor disconnected when the diagnostic was carried out?

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!

Last edited by Trevor; 02-12-2010 at 02:01 PM. Reason: P.S.