some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: My first home built PC

The still current incarnation of my beast:

Rest of the album:
http://picasaweb..com/icingdeath88/ComputerStuff#

It's more than 6 years old, but here's the specs:

AMD Athlon FX 55 overclocked to 2.9GHz, 1MB L2 - Single core, but one of the fastest single-core processors ever made. Overvolted from 1.30V to 1.55V (a lot). 34 C at idle, 45ish under load.

2 Gigs of ram
8800 GTS 320 graphics - annihilates Folding@home work units
4 random hard drives totaling about 600 gigs
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, previously Windows Server 08 x64 hacked to be a workstation.
Logitech g15 2nd gen keyboard, MX 518 mouse
Logitech z5500 speakers

Customized Xigmatek heatpipe tower w/ 120mm fan. The intake, CPU, and exhaust fans are perfectly lined up. The northbridge also has a little heatpipe tower of its own that blows extra air into the graphics card above it. Northbridge is 30C under load. Basically room-temp, despite being overclocked. Basically a perfectly air-cooled system.

Hooked up to both a 21.6" Samsung monitor and the 32" HDTV in the living room, so I can use it from either place. Also have extra mouse/keyboard in the living room. Primary function is playing Team Fortress 2 from my couch in HD.

All that said, Nice rigs guys. I like the choices of the black editions, unlocked multipliers make for very flexible and easy overclocking. That's why I got my FX.