View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 09:24 PM

Re: Transmission Slipping Please help

I'm sorry. Let me try to explain myself a little better. For starters, this can be crossed out. First and second work just fine.-- Nothing has changed there.

What is actually happening is when I accelerate and the trans wants to shift into third gear it will rev up high (4-5 grand) if I'm still accelerating at a steady rate. For instance going from a stop to a 55 I have steady pressure on the accelerator and the transmission will rev high going into third and I will have to ease off to make it engage. Once it engages and I get back on the accelerator, the trans will slip unless i use only slight pressure on it. Almost like the break band I think it is called is not grabbing to its full strength. Fourth gear is the same as third except that gear is significantly higher so it seems to be worse. (My thinking is it is only worse because it is a higher gear)

I did notice another thing the transmission is doing as well. Traveling at about 55- 60 just coasting down a rather steep hill in the drive position the tranny will grab fourth gear and I can not only see the rpms going up and down but i can feel the car slowing from the gears then allowing it to coast on and off. It does this all the way down about every 3-4 seconds. That is hard to explain it has never done that until the trans has been giving me trouble. \
Im sorry for being vague..If i can give you any more info so you can help me further please ask..Thank you!
Oh and where is this how to? Is it just one of the main forums and Ishould search and find where it tells me how to diagnose the tcu?