View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 05:49 PM
SVX Addict

Send a message via MSN to BRADY Send a message via Skype™ to BRADY
Registered SVX
Re: Auckland!!! Beatles are coming..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
Damn, I have been unable to attend Mike’s show, as I have wrecked the Archilles tendon in my left foot and can hardly walk.

However my wife Anne has just returned having attended with three friends. She reports the show was brilliant, and Ringo can really play the drums. This news further brassed me off, as I had a very good friend who played drums, and I would have appreciated Mike's skill. I know full well how a good drummer can hold a group together, and can make or break their performance.

But bugger again. ---- on the way home our normally reliable SVX, died on Anne while she was coming home along the motorway. Fortunately a couple of kind blokes stopped and pushed the car onto the side verge. She phoned the AA, and a mechanic arrived. He diagnosed a shot alternator. Evidently several warning light came on just prior, so that only the rectifier unit is involved.

Anne explained the towing issue and a flat bed truck was organised. Absolutely great service. Those in Auckland should call A1 Onegunga Towing Service LTD. They have all the clues and would not have towed an SVX with wheels on the ground.

Mike very kindly signed Anne’s programme, and quite artistically drew a little Ringo’s SVX. Thanks Mike. Anne reckons a gremlin was hiding some place and was upset not to see the show.

Special thanks go to Mike/Ringo/Brady, from Trevor, Anne and friends.

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

It was a real shame that I missed Trevor, but it was great meeting Anne and her friends.
I didn't realise that Anne had the SVX with her. I would have loved to have seen it.

Also, massive thanks to Ian Nutshell, for picking up John Lennon and Ringo and taking us for a blast around Auckland.

I was very impressed by the 4WS and other gadgets that the Australian spec doesn't have!!

I LOVE AUCKLAND.

Mike/Ringo/BRADY
1992 SVX Mica Red/Black (Ruby Pearl) (ADM)- 290,000 kms. With Koni adjustable front shocks, THRICE o/hauled 4EAT with transmission cooler and now the 'QUICK CHANGE' unit, custom PWR aluminium radiator, replacement water pump, fuel pump, crank pulley, Pioneer 6 x 9 rear and 6 inch front speakers, Sony Head unit, rattles from the front end and steering, front DBA slotted rotors. Blown heater core, ruined CV joints, new car park damage. FOR SALE... www.thebeatleboys.com