View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 10:20 PM

Registered SVX
Re: SVX Engine cooling "Again & Again"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessertrunner View Post
Joe I hear you and understand were you are coming from and may not explain myself properly but the over pressure does not change the pumps point at which it cavitates as this is related to suction. I think the belief is that an over pressure of 10 psi will mean more pressure on the suction. This is not correct as its a closed system and any over pressure applies to both side of the circut which then mean no difference.
The best way to explain it is, if I am driving my car at 100 kph and I have a fly inside the car fly around is he flying at 100 kph. The answer is no its all relative the fly is only flying at the incar speed. The pump circut won't change interms of caviation based on over pressure.
The point at which the engine boils will change based on over pressure but thats it the pumps performance won't improve due to over pressure.

One thing I don't get Joe is so many people doubt the soluation or question if its right and most don't have any solid fact to back it up. Would like to understand that better is it that as usual am i not explaining it properly or what?
Tony
Tony,

Joe is confused, but all along I have understood exactly what you have in mind.

Your theory is that the original pressure delivered by the pump, becomes depleted by resistance within the circuit, to the extent that no pressure reaches the pump inlet. Therefore that at this point the pump is as it were, “is gasping for fluid”, resulting in a space within the fluid flow and suction at that point.

What you must explain is how increasing the pump inlet pipe can correct the suggested situation.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!