View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 06:40 PM

Registered SVX
Re: SVX Engine cooling "Again & Again"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessertrunner View Post
Today's test was at an air temp of 38C so I think its safe to say I have proved the point about the pump suction.
Tony
Tony,

It is understood that your test Oct 2009, ref. post #249, is the basis of comparison, i.e. as per post #864. It would appear that you started out with a radiator, having an inlet and outlet pipe with an OD of 30 mm. Refer your post Page 4, No. #48. Was this radiator in use during the October 2009 testing?

My JDM SVX has an original radiator which has 38 mm, or 1,1/2 inches OD, inlet and outlet pipes. It would therefore appear that your original radiator was not to manufacturers specifications. All is confusion, particularly as many figures within the thread, have been quoted without any refernce to OD or ID.

In any event it would appear that this previous test was carried out with a radiator different from what you are now using. If so, several changes have now been involved, in addition to the enlarged radiator outlet and pump inlet.

In all of this, one thing is scientifically certain. Whatever goes into the radiator via a hole, the same can exit unrestricted via a similar sized hole. Several explanations have ignored this simple fact.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!