View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 06:07 PM

Re: SVX Engine cooling "Again & Again"

Subaru fell for the same trap as Trevor, they beleived that a closed loop system ment that some of the pressure would turn up at the pump inlet. This is fundemtally incorrect. If I take the outlet from the pump and infeed it into the inlet unless there is a restriction in the system there will be no pressure on the outlet of the pump and unless there is a restriction close to the inlet there will be no vacum. The water loops for the minium pumping energy.
On the other hand if I either block off the suction or the outlet the whole pressure?vacum numbers changes. It would be possiable to restrict the suction so as the pump is pumping vacum but the outlet is reading zero pressure.
The way it works is the restriction in the system can be large enough to increase pressure but still small enough to not cuase a problem on the suction. If the restriction gets to great the suction goes up till the pump drops off which then gives the impression that the pressure is not a problem.
Sorry about the long explantion.
As regards Subaru, I had a problem with John Deere Engines a couple of years back were they kept shutting down for no reason and John Deere were ripping there hair out trying to sort find the problem. I figured out that it was a conflict in the computer system and I cut one wir then they never stopped again. Big companies aren't always right they just think they are. Have a great day.
Tony
1995 - SVX 700,000 K Mine, DMS Struts to lift car 2in. Tyres Wrangler Silent Armor 235/70R16, PBR Radiator. 6 speed with DCCD and R180 rer diff, Heavy duty top strut mounts front and rear. Speedo correction box fitted. New stero (gave up on the old one). Back seat removed and 2 spare tyres fitted for desert driving. ECUTune SC sitting in the box for the next SVX.
1992 - SVX 255 K Wife (Want to stay Married so not allowed to fit SC)
1992 - SVX Pearl with black roof race car roll cauge etc ready to race. Ex Tasman Targa car.
1995 - SVX Green low k mint condiation.
1995 - SVX Rally car, ex Matts car. Now to be used on track.
1992 - SVX red & Black being converted to Mid Engine.
1995 - SVX Red 143,000 bit rough.
Owned 5 others Subaru back to a 1974 1400 GSR.