View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 08:38 AM
Old Fogey

Registered SVX
Re: To new or prospective SVX owners

Well, as I sit here in the dark waiting to begin a day of SVX Brotherhood, I have to reflect on my ownership of 2 precious SVXi. Rojo, my '93 was a semi-gift from my dear Sis-in-Law, who wanted to keep her in the family, selling her to me for $2K with 112K on the odo, after approx 5 years of ownership. I proceeded to put another almost 50K on her, Konis, PWR rad, rebuilt heads and recent reseal, and numerous rebuilds, stainless lines, etc, etc. I was preparing for a trans rebuild when she was torn from me with airbag deployed in a single moment of CRASH

Forward to today, after cannibalizing what I could over those grief-stricken weeks following the wreck, purchasing a replacement , and transplanting the best of the parts into my "new" '97, Blackberry, I'm waiting for my 3 SVX friends to awake for a day of Konifying David's '97. With he, myself, Ron and Paul all doing our part, we hope to have some time to sit and enjoy the warmth of seeing this little project come to fruition. Also looking to video the process. Then an alignment and a cruise!! More later!!

Apologies for the highjack, but the joy of SVX ownership strikes me every time I slip into her familiar seat, fire that wonderful mill to life, and pull out to face whatever weather and mankind may throw at us. I know she'll take care of me.

Glenn

1993 25th Anniversary Edition #63 of 301. R.I.P. Rojo 7/24/2008 She saved my life!
1997 Ebony Mica Pearl LSI. BLACKBERRY
1998 5-Spd Legacy GT Wagon in Glacier White: NUBURU
2005 Cadillac STS in Sandstorm Metallic: STORMY

Veteran and farthest traveler of 1st SoCal2MuseumsMeet2010.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?RojoRocket