View Single Post
Old 10-07-2002, 01:08 PM
Radio wiring harness guru
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Exclamation Re: Stereo wiring harness found! Now need digital picture

Update:

I talked to the stereo harness manufacturer. When connectors like this are available from another company, they just use those and package them with the nifty color-coded wires. Otherwise they make connectors from scratch (they have their own plastics plant).

Several years back, when they looked into making harnesses for the SVX, they found that the only version of that gender available was a PC board mount (the part that Panasonic built into the radio). The SVX never had enough numbers to justify making an in-line version from scratch.

The connector I found (that I am trying to hack to work in the SVX) is actually made by another company, who is the same company that made the PC board mount connector for the SVX radio. The guy I spoke with will ask this other company if they now have an in-line version. If not, I'll at least get specifics on the PC board mount version -- using that would be easier than the hacking I'm about to do.

He asked me to send him a photo of the connector on the back of the SVX radio. Would somebody with a digital camera please post one? As close-up as possible (yet still in focus) would be helpful, perhaps with a metric ruler just below it. If you want to include a second picture of the SVX's connector (what is wired into the car), that would be nice, but we mainly need the radio side connector.

_______
David C.