Thread: SVX's for sale
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 09:52 AM

Re: SVX's for sale

The ebay texas one is about right for the price. The white car without the black trunk I believe is a member here, and has been advertised here on the forum. The red California car looks like it is in FANTASTIC shape.

But the Texas car says $1000 buy it now. it isn't clear how much damage the paint has sustained... is it polishable? or has the clearcoat completely failed and needs a re-spray?

I bought a california car with a major repair history for that price, the paint is shagged, and the driver's seat is shredded, and a few details were out of place here or there... but it is a solid runner, and pretty much rust free. (I am sure it is enjoying it's first nasty salt-ridden winter here in Iowa this year...)

If that texas car is rust-free, and hasn't been hit and repaired... and someone had a windshield to put in it... it would make a great resto candidate.

if I had any money, I might look into it... Silver would make a fantastic under-coat for a nice deep, World Rally Blue Pearl paint job, with it's black roof. But I'd have a moment's hesitation, as silver cars are a bit rare themselves.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.

Last edited by BoxerFanatic; 01-08-2010 at 09:55 AM.