View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 10:03 PM
Avalanche Alcyoneer
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Crashed my SVX, BLEEP!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensteele View Post
Well, I would stop before you hit the back of the Friggin Mitsubishi !!!
I am sorry that it happened. You should be able to fix it. Good luck.
Thanks Earl, ill keep that in mind next time im about to purposely barrel into the back of another car

The good thing is the engine and radiator seem to be intact, so hopefully its just a cosmetic matter. I am definitely going to fix it........ I am pleading with my boss to let us skip work for a few hours so we can go down in his pickup to Carson and hit the pick and pull for the parts I need, they have 2 SVXs, both have hoods, and hopefully I can salvage a drivers side headlight and centerbar as well.

Im hoping when I do pop open the hood that I wont find the radiator support badly out of shape..... im really crossing my fingers that the crumpled hood and broken plastic took most of the impact and the body faired well enough to just bolt some new parts onto. I simply cannot believe that the bumper survived with only minor scratches, my license plate even made it through ok....
Im theorizing that the braking force applied before impact made the nose dive low enough to make the bumper slide under the little mitsubishi mirages plastic rear, otherwise im betting my airbag would have popped in my face and I would be even more pissed.

Tomorrow God willing I will get my hood and plastic parts from the wrecking yard without incident, slap them on, repaint, and show you guys a fixed car.

"A person convinced against their will, is of the same opinion still"

New?? Find the downloadable SVX Online Service Manual Here
RECOMMENDED READING for newer SVX owners Here some cool info if not fully accurate.