View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 04:01 PM

Registered SVX
Re: AWD not working properly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACOBBOCAJ View Post
only front wheels are spinning no rear wheel drive. i figured this out by first getting stuck in mud and only one front tire was spinning and in rain tire breaks loose in the front when downshifting into first or hard acceleration. can hear a constent buzzing when car is on and in drive, which from researching other threads means that solenoid c is working properly. im not getting a power light either. what are other test i can preform to figure this out. and there is no fuse in fwd slot.
You advise a constant buzzing from the C solenoid. This can not be taken as a definitive indication that all is OK. If the noise is excessive and unusual, this could indicate a lack of fluid reaching the solenoid valve. Don't throw money at the problem without an initial exact diagnosis.

P.S. I note that you have a Small Car shift kit fitted. This will not have been doing solenoid "A" any good and as a result line pressure may be down. In any event this is worth checking as of routine, before rushing into bigger things.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!

Last edited by Trevor; 12-28-2009 at 03:03 AM. Reason: P.S.