Fighting with electricity

Send a message via AIM to SVX10 Send a message via Yahoo to SVX10
Re: Satin Black Paint Completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green1995SVX View Post
Ouch.

It looks great, Mat!
haha...ouch indeed!

I guess It's spray paint, technically, but not from a rattle can. It's full on basecoat/clearcoat automotive paint applied with a spray gun.

The ripples in the plastic were much more noticeable before, and I actually sanded them down a bit a the high points and filled in the low points a little bit. The body work actually turned out really good.

I'm with you on the Rims...I'm not 100% convinced these are the right wheels for the car. The width is a very nice fit, but the spokes are too thin, I think. The old rims recently became available again, so I may see how they look (they were being used on my buddy's RX-8, ironically )

She definitely needed a full re-spray. I was a clever photographer in the past, so she looked good in pics. The hood paint was all chipped and cracking beneath the clearcoat, the roof, and trunk were losing their clearcoat, there were tons of dings that needed filled (and were filled quite nicely!).

She could still benefit from a little further attention in the future...re-spray the sunroof (there's a reason none of these pics show the sunroof ), maybe re-spray the garnish under the rear windows...stuff like that.

Thanks for the compliments and recommendations. I will be adding a bit of detailing to break up the "flatness" a bit, but it won't be via a glossy roof. I'll post pics when I get that taken care of.

For now, I'm just glad to have the bulk of the project finished!
92 SVX LS-L - Ebony Pearl - 2002 WRX 5MT trans w/STi gearset (rebuilt & installed myself ) - BMW E46 HID retrofit - Kenwood Headunit - Phoenix Gold 75x4 RMS amp - Alpine Type R 6.5" front components - Alpine Type R 6x9 3way rear speakers - 18"x9" Rota G-Force wheels w/225/40ZR18 Toyo T1R's - Mychailo's custom springs - Urethane front & rear sway bar bushings - KC exhaust (2.5" dual magnaflow) - Escaine seat swap - Removed Spoiler

I don't care if Subaru says it's STI...it will always be STi to me