View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 11:13 PM

Re: WTB: High output alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess View Post
Bill,

The holder is available on ebay, Amazon.com, and a lot of other places.

Here is the link to it on EBAY with a Buy-It-Now price of $6.95 plus $5.00 shipping.

I order from Amazon.com because I get free 2 day shipping. See HERE

I will be installing it in the next week or so. I have the bracket already made that slips over the lip of the main fuse box and is held in place by the fusebox lid. I was waiting for the hydraulic ratcheting crimper I ordered from Harbor Freight to make the cables. I will be making the cables with solid copper lugs.

I will start with a 125A fuse and see how it goes. I have 150A and 175A fuses just in case. Don't worry, I will be taking great photos of the finished product. Christian at Maniac Electric is anxious to add them to the document she already has on tha website.

The Mega Fuse should be the most reliable protection we can obtain, given space limitations. The advantages of slo-blo technology and an easily replacable fusible link.

With my new alternator and the German regulator, I have 14.4V at startup and for most of the day, using various accessories, stay around 13.9V. It is extremely stable and responsive to the various loads. I rarely go below 13.5V.

Is Slo-Blo important?

Wondering if 125 amp or so without slo-blo might save us in the event of a regulator failure. Just wondering.

Keith

Trevor, if you happen to run across this, this is not a declaration of war. Just trying to find out what others might think.

Cheers?