View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 07:50 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: WTB: High output alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess View Post

The only thing you need to know. Click HERE You will not find a better product anywhere!!

160A high-output alternator, completely rebuilt from the ground up.

$248.00 without core. Once they send you the alternator, install it and send them back your old alternator for a $60.00 core credit (They even pay for your old alternator to be shipped back to them at their expense)

Final price is $188.00 One year warranty. This is cheaper than a generic 95A rebuild from Subaru

I have one of these on my 96 Polo, along with a custom alternator wiring modification/ upgrade. Electrical system operates flawlessly. They are using upgraded voltage regulators from Germany for exceptional reliability. HERE is a link to my installation.

The only thing not shown is the 150A Mega Fuse inline on the power wire andattached to the fuse box.

You will need to upgrade the power wire and grounds to 4 gauge, along with a fuse in the power wire as close to the battery as possible.

Talk to Christian when you call. She will answer any questions you have.

John,
Where did you get the Mega Fuse? Pics on your install of it?
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker