Thread: She's gone
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 02:13 PM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX
Re: She's gone

Indeed I do miss my SVX. Awesome car, rock solid no doubt about it. Hopefully the guy who got it will take care of it.

I have 1 car garage now, but it's just big enough for the bike... I'm expanding and adding a 2 bay garage, so the extra room will prove useful I'm sure. I barely have space for my workbenches.

I'm hanging around, no doubt about that. There's a couple nice pearlies I've seen for sale, but the money isn't there just yet. I took the offer on the bike because my other two bikes have been what seems like an endless work in progress. The one is ready to go, but I just can't get fuel sucked up in the carbs, and I have no idea why. I've rebuilt htem about 15 times now with no luck. I've been over every inch and can't find anything wrong. Guess I'll just have to keep at it.

The riding season is pretty much over around here, unless we get a couple nice days, she'll be in the garage until spring. There's a recall on the trans that I'm taking it in for next week. To do the recall they have to crack the engine, which means a full and free reseal, new 4th gear, oil change, new filters, and all that, at no cost to me. After that I'll fill the tank and add some fuel stabalizer and away she goes.
2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!