View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 08:11 PM

Registered SVX
Re: PLEASE Help Its the Transmission Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by daluvabull View Post
UPDATE
Removed extra fuse linked wire from top of alternator to battery positive terminal. The previous owner must have done the alternator mod.

Was able to get power light. Ran a diagnostic and recieved:
12 Duty solenid-B
24 Duty solenoid-C

Is it most likely my 3rd installed transmission is toast?
If so, I really cannot justify expending in excess of $2750 for the fourth time in 5 years.

Most likely I will post the SVX for sale. It just had a repaint in June-09, and the interior redone in gray pleather with red stitching, new headliner, a Pioneer CD player with USB/aux input, and Infiniti speakers in Apr-2008.
I will post an ad in the for sale section as soon as current pics are taken.

THANK YOU for your assistance. This is truly an excellent community for the SVX enthusiast!

Peace 8-|

Jeff
You have rather a desperate situation and therefore I am willing to stick my neck out in an effort to assist. Your exact problem has to my knowledge, not been previously reported here, but there is always a first time with everything.

I very much doubt that you have a fault within your transmission. Both B & C solenoids playing up at once would indicate a possible faulty pulse width modulation signal from the TCU.

Something is haywire within the charging system as there has been a change after you removed the alternator direct connection. Importantly you also have advised fault indication lights being abnormal. These two symptoms indicate probable AC on line, caused by a faulty diode in the alternator and this regardless of the test carried out.

The change after removing the "alternator mod." indicates a possible wiring fault. This mod. bypasses the fusible link and existing wiring to the alternator.

Everything indicates further careful investigation. Do not put complete trust in others who do not have exact experience, in this regard.

I say again ----Do you posses or can you borrow a cheap basic multi meter? If so, set it to a low AC voltage range and measure for any small level of alternating voltage/current across the battery at say 2,500 RPM. This has proven to be a successful test.

Please test everything again, with the mod. removed, and exactly advise on every item which is abnormal, including details on which lights are playing up. Your frustration is understandable but you have a lot at stake.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!