View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 06:37 PM

Re: NO MORE CLICK click CLICK START..ONLY START!

Ok... I just spent an hour under the dash of my SVX looking for this daggum thing... and I didn't even see it.

I saw an orange relay and plug, that I put back on it's mounting tab, as it was hanging...

I saw a rubber covered sort of relay screwed to a point under the steering column. But only three leads... didn't look like the right thing.

Lots of plugs, lots of wiring under there, but I didn't see a bosch-style relay.

I just went back and looked at Eric's posted pictures.... and it looks like it is near a white sliding linkage assembly... just to confirm, that is around the top of the brake pedal, and the white linkage is the hood release, right?

Or is it on the gas-pedal, and HVAC side?

I suppose tomorrow, I should take back the 4-pin relay, and get the 5 pin relay, anyway.

It all gives me an excuse to put on the new ignition light ring, and a better-condition steering wheel shroud, anyway.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.