View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 09:44 PM

Registered SVX
Smile Re: STI struts, what will work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986nate View Post
Actually I'm broke as S*** and in fact my SVX has a blown high clutch in the transmission so I am left with only 1st and 2nd gear. However I don't complain and still love the car. It also has a slight motor knock however it has never left me stranded in a little over a year and if I did have any money, I would gladly put a lot of it into my car that is only "worth" about $2500 with a properly running motor and functioning transmission. I put worth in quotes because that is the book value on it. To me, I wouldn't sell it unless someone actually decided to give me over 2x that in its current state. But that's just me I guess.
I paid $10,000 in 1999. I plan to keep it in driving condition till I can no longer crawl in or out due to my age. I have spent $5,000 in maintenance and upgrades, if I can find struts for less than $1,200 I will search to do so. I figure a buyer would give me $1,000 today as I spit in his eye for my SVX.
My guess is we are about 4 generations apart. I'm cheap and proud of it, being cheap has made me an inventor, what you got to show for your spending excesses? I have a tranny that has been completely rebuilt that is available for your 2 gear mess, the price is $2,000. Still think I,m cheap?