View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 04:01 PM

Re: News and Rumors: New SVX after all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Dub View Post
From what I've read that mule is a Subaru development car based on the FT-86 platform for a Subaru release. As is the case with mules you can't judge anything about styling, but with the Toyota variant debuting next week and Subaru hitting the track my guess (along with many other speculators of the internets) is that they're testing a Subaru drivetrain for said coupe. This thing is a lot closer to an actual car than the Hybrid Tourer Concept despite the fact that it's held together with duct tape.

Maybe this is similar to the SVX development going on during the release of the XT. Take the car that's going to the street in the next year, and start working on it's successor.

My only hope is that they keep proportions sane, and don't try to build another godzilla. KEEP THE BELTLINE DOWN SUBARU! (you think they heard me?)
Agreed. It likely is Subaru's development mule for their half of the FT86 project... but I am not sure that with the wheels hacked so far forward, that it will be AWD... or much different than Toyota's FT86 coupe... unless Subaru is developing a divorced front differential.

and WHOLLY AGREED with you about the belt-line. That is one reason I keep asking that an SVX be based on a bit larger version of Impreza, rather than '10 Legacy, which is chunk-tastically huge, with a high belt-line, high nose, and high roof, and is otherwise needlessly huge.

No thanks.

And W-in-a-W... would be a natural addition to overhead-opening doors. And if they are less than double-length, I wish they would go with McLaren-esque dihedral doors, butterfly, or beetle-wing, or however people like to refer to them, that open forward, and rotate up, rather than gull-wing. gull wing makes more sense on hybrid tourer, since the door is basically double-long, equivalent to a 4-door without a B-pillar, longer than even a coupe's door.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.