Old 09-30-2009, 02:38 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: My 1st Detroit Iron since the 60's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RojoRocket View Post
Well, perhaps a bit late, but after enduring 700 mile round trips in the Legacy wagon a few times too many in '09, we decided we needed a "traveling" car capable of transporting 4 adults, or 2 and 2 rear seats for twin g'babies in quiet and comfort. Not up to new car prices in retirement mode, went looking at lease returns. Started looking at Acura RLs and Infiniti Ms and G's, but ended up driving away in an '05 Cadillac STS. No AWD or Adaptive Cruise but about every other bell and whistle known to man. Throw in 38K West Coast miles, the 4.6L Northstar, Magnetic Ride Control and 11 spkr Bose DVD sound and it moves right smartly down the road in style! Yeah, I know, a V8!!! Just realized it's the 1st, and maybe last this old fogey will ever own.

Glenn
That's a really nice car Glenn. Enjoy your purchase, and remember you are buying American, at a time when you guys need to support local industry.

I also don't agree the negative about the plastics. I think Cadillac has done more than all the other big manufacturers to make a decent American car to compete with Acuras and Camrys and Mercs etc.

Drive it with pride man. The car is worth it.

Joe

[PS I had a car that colour once. Absolutely the best colour bar none for not showing dust or dirt! ]
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl