View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 04:27 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: Taxes that the Liberal can understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx View Post
Lots of complaining going on in here. Lots of reading about how much spending is going on to get us out of debt or the recession.

I'm not big on economics. Seems like some are here. What is your solution to the problems we are having? I'm mainly talking about the huge economic and financial disaster that developed after the housing fiasco. What should our government and/or us as US citizens do or should have done to get the nation out of debt? Real easy to point fingers.

It's almost like complaining that someone who drove our SVX in a rally race is a screw up because they did not drive it right. They was a bad driving and their co-driver was horrible at directing and reading the maps. Then to also complain that the previous driver and co-pilot was bad but not as bad as the one we chose to drive the SVX in the last race that was lost. How about instead of being on the side line complaining, being one of the drivers or co-pilots for a change instead of pointing fingers. Either that or get out of a race you can't win and choose another sport to compete in (another country).

I've already decided to take my sorry ass back to school and at least get my bachelors degree, starting in November. Only a year left anyways. Try to get a foot up in the world and become one of the decision makers rather than only affected by the decisions made by others.

Solution... STOP LIVING BEYOND YOUR MEANS!!

Who in the hell told a single income family make 40k a year that they could afford a $400k home?

Don't drive a $60k car when you make $40k a year

If living within your means dictates that you live in poverty, you need to reassess your income situation and work at doing better.

I can only do this for myself, I can only vote for people who share my beliefs and morals. If the rest of society wants to live foolishly and vote for whomever is giving out the most handouts... What am I to do about it?

Tom