View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 08:25 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Solo Nationals wrap-up

What a blast! I drove my heart out both days with the same aggression as I have at a local event. I just didn't have the driving ability to be in a trophy spot this year. My car worked very well out of the box on the concrete surface and did what I asked it to do...

Only thing I'd change would be watering down our tires more on Day 1. I couldn't improve on my 1st run, and I later realized it was due to the tires overheating on course. Even on Day 2 on my very first run (1st driver, Heat 3), I could feel the Hoosiers getting greasy by the end of my run. I guess a 60 second course on concrete can do that!

Shawn and I were 19th and 20th in class respectively and only 7/1000th's apart. In terms of my overall finish on PAX index, I moved up roughly 400 spots this year to finish 421 out of roughly 1,200 drivers (Shawn was 420th).

Link to results: http://www.scca.com/documents/result...0Resultsf2.pdf

All in all, I had an awesome time! Great courses, great folks, and a great week in Lincoln!

P.S. For next season, I'll be modifying my car to run in the STX class. I'll be acquiring double adjustable coilovers, some 18x9" wheels, competitive 265 street tires, and install a highflow cat in an aftermarket mid-pipe. Down the road I'll be adding a Cobb AP with a custom protune along with an aftermarket OS Giken lsd.

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)