View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 05:16 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Re: SVX Engine cooling "Again & Again"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
Because if I pump it directly into the block, it will not make much of a difference because that is where the coolant is being sent in the first place. Sending it to the head allows coolant that has been cooled by the rad to be sent into the hot stream to help it be more efficient in its job of thermal absorbtion before it hits the hot spot.

Like I said though, I doubt it will this considering how small the X-over manifold really is inside. I truly believe it is simply too small to move enough water to be efficient for the LH side of the motor

Tom
Hope this X-over method works as you expect Tom, but just in case it doesn't... will it make sense to tap the left block (not head), connect it to an electric pump which works automatically at a certain temperature then to a small outside rad (bike rad?) then again to the right block?

This way you will be transferring the boiling water to the rad for cooling then inject it again to the right side.. am I making sense?

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.