View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 07:29 PM

Registered SVX
Re: SVX Engine cooling "Again & Again"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessertrunner View Post
My reason is that at this time I don't know anywere in the world that someone has an SVX engine that stays cool at high revs.
What I have found recently is the following:-
- Multiple pass radiator "DID NOT" slove the problem.
- A bigger Radiator "DID NOT" slove the problem (buggy radiator is 3 times bigger then my PBR).

So the big question is what do we now know.
The only way my over heating issue can happen is that the left head was overheating as that is were dash & ECU temp guage is.

Will keep you posted. Tony
Tony, trying to apply some crude logic to your previous results.

Engine and therefore pump speed, is a deciding factor according to recorded fact. I have previously mentioned speed of water flow and others have suggested possible impeller cavitation. As far as I am aware this factor has not been properly tested, whereas there is every reason to suspect this as an issue.

Reducing the pump efficiency is not difficult and involves at the worst, only the cost of a used component. The time honoured method is to drill substantial holes through the rotors.

You appear to have concluded that only the left head is overheating, but it can not be concluded that this is confined to the particular area of the engine associated with the sensors.

Speak to some old timers who have used the flat head Ford V8 for racing.

You have the fortitude and will find the answer, Trevor.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!