Old 09-14-2009, 10:29 PM
Avalanche Alcyoneer
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Knock Sensor - Code #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ykobayashi View Post
Thanks guys,

I think I will get a new one since I would imagine that anything that has made its way to the bone yard in the form of an SVX is probably in pretty bad shape. I think someone said that he was able to find them for $50 at Autozone. Chris, I can always count on you for some help!! What exactly do you mean by "decent tools"? I have some decent tools but mostly crappy ones since I am a cheapskate

The other problem is, I don't even know what the hell I am looking for! Does anyone have a picture of where the knock sensors are? Or what they are supposed to look like on the SVX engine? Is there a resource that I can go to?

Many Thanks,

Yoshi
Download the service manual Here. Open the .pdf titled "electrical component locator" and proceed to page 39. It has an illustration of both of the knock sensors and their position on the top of the engine. You may need a socket u-joint, stubby wrench, or a crows foot.... I dont have my car here right now to look. They are basically black knobs with a line to them, one bolt on top securing them to the engine. Hope this helps!

"A person convinced against their will, is of the same opinion still"

New?? Find the downloadable SVX Online Service Manual Here
RECOMMENDED READING for newer SVX owners Here some cool info if not fully accurate.