View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 11:31 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: 11:1 CR Race/Street Engine build

Well, got a good deal of parts here but without have the heads done, I have been spinning my wheels.

RallyBob had not been able to get to the heads before so I have ported and polished them myself. I had been to Bob's shop and he gave me a tutorial on how he ports the heads in regard to the dogleg exhaust port. WIth that knowledge in mind, I was able to port and polish them in about 14hrs. I am happy with the outcome and need to thank Bob for showing me the tricks of the EG33 heads.

That being said, the heads will be off to the machine shop this week and should be assembled this upcomming weekend if I can find the time. Once the valves and all other components are loaded I can then select the shims I will need and order them accordingly. Long block is finally coming together.

I have also prepped a good deal of parts that will be sent off to powder.

In the process I have decided to cut up a water pass-over pipe. The passage through is MUCH smaller than I ever imagined. I will be fabricating a roof ontop of the X-over to increase the X-section and allow for more water to pass through with less restriction. This along with the other modifications to the cooling system should be a good start at tackling the overheating issues with the EG33 when spun to higher than stock RPMS.

More to come, sorry I am not a picture taker, not until the tires are spinning

Tom