Thread: New U.K. owner.
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 11:55 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: New U.K. owner.

Hello DJW, and you are very welcome to the Forum. It's nice to have another UK owner on the Network.

Do give us some detail on your car when you get time to check it over. There are a number of registration fora here where we ask members to supply details from the VIN and the information board on the lhs suspension turret.

To date we have never found a car with active suspension, so I would suspect yours does not have it. I have a Japanese brochure showing details of air suspension on the pre release show car from '89 I think. This feature never made it to production.

I have a 4WS car in the UK at present, my friend Graham in Taunton is using it at the moment.

You may find like Phil says that it is cheaper to get certain parts from the States than buy locally. This is partly because they feel they have a God given right to charge you as much as they can get away with, and can also be if it's an SVX only part, they ship in from Japan and they charge you for the avgas the plane uses to bring it in. Certainly for light rubber boots that will be light on shipping you should find US prices cheaper.

There is an inner and outer boot on each half shaft, you did not say which you need. Outers, I expect. I'll give you part numbers for both:
  • Front, Inner, Right or Left #28023PA010
  • Front, Outer, Right or Left #28023PA001
  • Rear, Inner, Right or Left # 28023PA040
  • Rear, Outer, Right or Left # 28023PA050

You might want to confirm with your supplier before you buy or ship that these parts numbers are correct for your car. You do this by supplying them with your VIN number to allow them to cross-reference on their system.

I'm 99.9% sure they are right, but it's up to you to check, OK?

Nice to have you with us.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl