Old 08-17-2009, 12:55 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: US over to europan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-svx View Post
I have look on the diagram and i see that is say, Speed sensor out of the gearbox. So when i change the TCU, then i have to coneck the speedsenor from the front diff. to the wiring system.

Because if i have had a US verson car, Then the TCU wiring has been coreck for the Speed sensor that is on the front diff? That is way i have to ''convert'' this from the wiring system that i have now are this rigth?

So if you in the US chage the gearbox then you use the speedsensor on the front diff. And then i belive the speed cluster has to be change to, for then i lose the KM/H and must have MP/H are this also rigth? I have US speed cluster at my home also, But i have try this on the car and my car will not read this corekt.

(Pleas corekt me if i am wrong)
Alex I suggest you get an auto electrician to read carefully the last paragraph in Phil's post above, #68, and follow these instructions carefully. I am presuming also that you still have a Hall Effect sensor for SS2 installed in the front diff housing. If this is not the case please tell us.

The speed cluster from your own car should work. It gets its signal forwarded from the TCU, and I think [but don't know for certain!] that your original box probably had the same Hall Effect sensor on the diff. Can you remember?

The sensor merely measures the number of times the axles turn, and this information is sent to the speedo as a signal. It should make no difference to the speedo hand whether it is passing a kilometres figure or a miles figure on its way round the dial; the speed is displayed by how far around the dial the hand is sent.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl