View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 10:49 PM

Re: Healthcare Bill Notes

The choice will only last long enough for the government plan to push private enterprise out of profitability, and get them to abandon the business.

It is political maneuvering, and if you think public and private can co-exist and compete, you need to re-read my previous post.

This health insurance reform business is not that popular with real folks. If it were being pushed as instant government take-over, it wouldn't even have well meaning, but ultimately naive people like newsvx to keep bringing up the "choice" issue.

After the bill is passed, it will be too late to matter whether the "choice" is preserved. It is just lip-service until the bill is forced through, if they can force it through.

and I mean no disrespect to newsvx... but no government encroachment as big as government run, taxpayer funded health coverage, has ever been peaceably revoked. It becomes a monolithic bureaucracy. And no private vs public sector program competition has ever been played fair when government can seize money, and print money, and pass regulation on their private industry competition.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.