View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 06:06 AM

Registered SVX
Re: jdm svx trans, will it work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oab_au View Post
Just to fill in every one to what is going on. Alex had gear box trouble; he desired to fit a 4.44 gearbox and final drive. Budfreak set every thing up and sent it to Alex in Norway. Alex takes it to his garage to do the work. There they find that his original box has no speed sensor in the front diff like the one sent.

It appears that Norway has the real VTD, the same as UK, AUST, NZ, with both speed sensors on the gearbox output shafts. As the TCU in his car is set up to use the inductive speed sensors and cannot support the US front diff mounted Hall effect speed sensor. I have advised him to swap the front speed sensor out of his original box into the US box, as we did when ~JJ~, Jake fitted a JDM box to his Aust car.

He then reports it is going, but it is binding. I tell him to swap the C Solenoid from his original box into the US box, so that it will have the same solenoid as the TCU. Sadly he advises that the garage has trashed his old box, every thing is gone. He now has only one option to fix the problem that is to obtain a VTD normally open C Solenoid. He starts a Thread seeking one.

Trevor tells him that he will get him one. Buys it, ready to post it to him, then finds that he has been fraternising with me. He reneges on the deal, brings his thread to this thread just confuse every body so they have no idea what he is talking about.

That is the state of play at the moment, Its up to him to play the part of a real Network member and assist him, Trevor’s next move.

Harvey.
Harvey, as usual you are wrong, and unfortunately have again lead many members astray. Once more I find it necessary to correct you.

I accept that understanding the control system involved, does tax the brain a little. However proper understanding, does not call for more than the ability to read, common sense, normal intelligence and some dedication towards a members needs.

Again I called upon to prevent a member from being severely disadvantaged, as a direct result of your errors. Both time, effort and money is involved. Please peruse and try to understand my post #92, as should the several others involved in this issue.

The role ot each of the components in use, can not be established on the basis of their mechanism or function when static. It is the result their function which should receive consideration.

The modified transmission, is required to operate similarly to the original, and in the same way, provide continuously variable front/rear bias. This utilising an unchanged mode of the VDT TCU signal, but now controlling a US type centre clutch transmission.

From my post #92, with bracketed notes to assist the dumb:-

#1 Normal VDT system. --- When increased front bias is required, the pulse length will be increased, in order to #close a *N/O solenoid, thus increasing pressure, to #close a #LSD clutch. The TCU will be programmed to increase the pulse length.

#1 With Alex' Car. --- When increased front bias is required, the pulse length will be increased, in order to #open a *N/C solenoid thus reducing pressure, to #open the centre clutch. The TCU will continue to be programmed to increase the pulse length. (There is no change of solenoid required.)

#2 Normal VDT system. --- When increased rear bias is required, the pulse length will be reduced, in order to #open a *N/O solenoid, thus reducing pressure, to #open a LSD clutch. (so as move towards a rear bias split of 64 : 36.) The TCU will be programmed to reduce the pulse length. (There is no change of solenoid required.)

#2 With Alex' Car. --- When increased rear bias is required, the the pulse length will be reduced in order to #close a *N/C solenoid, thus increasing pressure, to #close the centre clutch. The TCU will be programmed reduce the pulse length.(There is no change of solenoid required.)

(The VDT TCU will provide the same instruction, to a now N/C solenoid, as when the (complete) VDT LSD system was in use.))(to enable the same result.)(There is no change of solenoid required.)

If a US type TCU is fitted, the same sequence will apply and the same N/C solenoid must be used. A simple reversal of the action of the command is required. (There is no change of solenoid required.)

This reversal is taken care of as a result of the changed transmission, with its existing normally closed C solenoid. A change to a normally open C solenoid, as has been wrongly suggested, will result in no change, and no reversed action as is required.

This is still another frustrating and confused thread, as a direct result of stupid grandstanding. I am anticipating that as of old, lack of intestinal fortitude will result in no acknowledgement of having dropped still another clanger. An apology is beyond wild dreams. However I do hope that there will be others without this disability.

Perhaps I should continue the fairy story. Chris the founder liked it well enough. In spite of one so annoyed, there will be no change of solenoid.

Trevor.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!