Thread: RIP
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 09:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to Green1995SVX Send a message via Yahoo to Green1995SVX
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxy View Post
Well it looks like this may happen tomorrow. Taking shipment of a pearl white 2010 legacy coming out of Ashville NC. This thread has caused quite a stir and as much as it was unexpected, it was completely understandable. This has been a hard decision for me and it will hurt to see my old friend be no longer. I was planning a road trip to Oklahoma City later this month and was really looking forward to spending close to five days on the road. How many car owners can say that about being cooped up in a car for that long. While I appreciate all the comments, good and bad, I think I am in the same financial boat as many here because as much as we all love these machines, no one has stepped up to the plate and offered $3500 to save the 96 beauty and keep this rare vehicle alive. And as much as I would not want to see anyone else lose theirs, I could not spend that kind of cash on a car simple based on the enthusiasm and love for these cars. I know we wish we all could. I think about people in the past who did not have the foresight to save their, mustangs, gto's, z's, or others that today when we see one we look at in awe as they drive by. I feel the same now, because I had planned on being buried in it. And now there will be one less of the 1700 or so 1996 Subaru SVX's on the road. I will check to see what if anything they have planned with its remains. It’s been a good run and I appreciate this network for its dedication and drive to keep these overlooked treasures on the road.
Edited because i was being an ass.
2001 Audi S8

Last edited by Green1995SVX; 07-29-2009 at 09:14 PM.