Thread: RIP
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 11:16 AM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerFanatic View Post
Are you kidding? BOTH HAVE, or ARE failing!!!!!!!!!

PEOPLE ARE LOSING JOBS. Not just afraid of it. Unemployment has gone from statistically full employment at 5%, to nearly 10%, and probably will break that line nationally this year. Some places are experiencing closer to 15-16% unemployment, and much more UNDER-employment.

I haven't gotten a cost of living increase in my salary in three years. Do you honestly think I am going to quit my job over that right now?

This country had a negative saving rate, on average for the last decade or longer, that has just clamped down within the last 12 months, because people have retracted, and can no longer afford to live beyond their means.

The US GOVERNMENT is however, living on debt, deficit, and self-monetization, and bankrupting our country, and destroying the future of the US Dollar. You think that is good, and saving is bad?

PEOPLE DON'T HAVE THE THOUSANDS TO PUMP BACK IN. The government is stealing from Peter, his children, and his un-born grandchildren, to pay paul to trash his car, and pay for his sub-prime mortgage that he couldn't afford to begin with either.

More importantly, they are funneling money to wall street, ACORN, and other insanity. At this point, they are having a fire-sale on money, and the people in connected positions are profit taking before another economy crash. This is a bear market rally, none of the economic fundamentals make sense for a bull run right now, and people are taking the money they can get, from government, or anywhere else, while they still can.

This bullcrap cash for clunkers is a vote-buying excercise. so that the next time you need bail out, from your over-extended mortgage, and the new car the government enticed you to buy, when you could only afford the clunker before, the government can bail you out... and all it will cost is your freedom.

There are no up-sides, and I have been talking about crushing rare cars ad infinitum already.

Pushing more drops of fiscal irresponsibility into an already full deficit bucket, doesn't make either one the right thing to do, or to have done in the past.

Read this VERY CAREFULLY:

YOU CANNOT EVER BORROW AND SPEND YOUR WAY OUT OF DEBT. NEVER.

And whining about a moron governor doesn't make a whit's worth of difference, and is fairly immaterial.

If you want to point fingers... why not point fingers at the stimulus bill that was written by, and directly benefits SEIU, ACORN, and a lot of professional political agitators, rather than hard working americans KEEPING THE MONEY THEY EARN. That includes regular-joe union workers paying dues to those thugs, instead of keeping their money.

You cannot borrow your life on credit cards, and and then even moreso when you are bankrupt.

The government can't either. They can monetize all the debt they want, and all they will serve to do is FURTHER RUIN the economy, and destroy the country. They can only get BIGGER, and the bigger they are, the harder they WILL fall.

The ONLY remedy is responsibility. deficit spending, personally, or as a government, is the height of irresponsibility.

Neither the Ds nor the Rs are responsible. The ONLY people talking about responsibility are conservatives like me, and it seems like the rest of you have deafened your own ears. So prepare to reap your own whirlwind.

Agreed.......
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"