View Single Post
Old 09-25-2002, 01:47 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by wasions

Hmmm. Kind of why I'm riding a recumbent (Well, not in the woods).

Nick, that's a great looking frame. The dropouts are outstanding! And that stay! Yeow! What's the length?
Length of what? The chainstays? I have no idea. If you mean the frame size, it's 21" from center to top.

It just got here not fifteen minutes ago. Gorgeous, simply gorgeous. I've never been a gram-counter, but since it's totally stripped of components right now I think I'll take off the bubble wrap and weigh it on the mail scale later. :P

From Trevor: Steel, verses alloy frames, is another topic. Cq$h & Co. where are you ?

I have two aluminum (wait, now three) bikes, one road and one mountain, and one steel road bike. I've ridden aluminum, different steels and carbon. My favorite is aluminum. You can take a real pounding, but I love the rigidity. I can see the steel 'beater' road bike (an '80s Miyata with pretty lugs) actually flex when I stand on the pedals uphill. At least I could - I'm not as strong as I was a few years ago. :P

Titanium has become more and more popular, but I've never ridden one. They continue to be outrageously expensive. They also flex more than aluminum, so I don't know that I'd really love it.

I remember a Japanese company making a frame out of paper and epoxy several years ago...

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE