View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 05:17 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: AWD's Bolt-in Cat-back Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphinwolf View Post
You get that dyno time to see any number changes? I can say that I've heard the Stebro in person on Ridered777's car and when my muffler was disconnnected actually sounded if possible better than the Stebro. That cat rattle I just recently started to get but I thought it was the heat sheilds as my father's Outback started sounding like that within two years of having it(99' Outback). I've been tempted to use a set of 05 LGT cans I have to open up to a true dual exhaust but the cans would barely fit if I do it. I'd just like to see some number changes to justify spending money on the car sounding "cool" when breaking the muffler could result in sounding just as good.
-Gaddis
Sometimes it is less about the 5 wheel horse you MIGHT see with any cat-back, and more about replacing the rotting piece of metal under your car. It looks great, sounds great, and will not fall apart within the next year like most exhausts I have seen from the NE. So you can do whatever you like with your exhaust, break a muffler, cut a pipe off, cut the muffler open. That doesn't help the fact that the exhaust is old, rusted, and rattling around. This is a solid replacement for your stock system. It will not gain you any power, as NO cat-back will gain you any power. It will however flow better as long as the restrictive parts of the exhaust are addressed

Tom