View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 05:06 PM

Re: Once upon a time owner checking in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike621 View Post
Welcome Back.

I really do like those MR2s... what year is yours? ...
Thanks, it's a 2002. Since it's a daily driver, just the tiniest bit of engine and suspension mods have been done. Installed a hardtop I had imported from Toyota of Japan to upgrade the long distance drive characteristics. Still a long, long way from SVX type GT driving, but since drives to Cape Canaveral & back mean ~75 miles a day to/from work, 32mpg on regular was most welcome when gas hit $4/gal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerFanatic View Post
I would someday love to figure out how to shoehorn an EG33 with a lateral only (FWD, would be RWD on a mid-engined layout...) manual gearbox into an SW20 MR2 t-roof coupe.
I've been lately looking into the locost web forum, considering a rear engined open-wheeled unit. Have some frame plans in hand - need to take the local Comm College welding classes...The EG33 with a FWD transaxle, located in the rear as you suggest would be a VERY interesting ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green1995SVX View Post
Glad to hear from you, Lee. What happened to your SVX?
daluvabul (sp?), flew in from Texas with cash and drove it back. Heard from him a few weeks ago, he asked which axle ratio it had (I swapped to the 4.10 after my second tranny failure)

While I'm back might as well give a shout out to oab_au - Gid'ay Harvey my friend, hope all is well. My wife won't "let" me ride my Norton anymore. I'm not sure if she is worried about me falling off in a senior moment, or all the other old & blind codgers out there running me over in their great road demons (also locally known as Mercury Gran Marquis).