View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 10:52 AM

Talking Re: Official Sign Up: Mt. St. Helens '09 "No Fog" Windy Ridge Edition

Hi,
It was totally fun organizing this drive. I'm glad that you guys enjoyed the mystery hunt. You all were quite good at figuring out the clues. The love for the SVX. I've had mine for four years now and every time I get in it is pure pleasure. Having owned over 30 cars, you would think bliss would be something of the past, old hat. what have you. The only problem is that I can't think of any other car to replace it with should the day come to part paths. As Earl has stated, it isn't the car, it's the people. You guys are wonderful.
The roads around Mt. St. Helens are still calling. The West Coast Subaru meet in August, held in Stevenson, seems to be the perfect time for that drive. Tentative meet time will be in the morning at the Mossy Rock exit, assuming the roads are open. Alternate will be Woodland. Either route will be a trip. We will then proceed south to the Subaru meet. If you stay for the duration, it goes late into the evening. Anyone not wanting to drive back that night is welcome to stay at my house. More details forthcoming.
Unfortunately, Earl, Joy won't be an SVX owner any time soon. Though she loves our cars, she has chosen to pursue another. A 67 Mustang, nice choice, but not a Subaru. What is it with children these days? I'm kidding, of course, the Mustang has a personal significance to her in honor of her brother. If she gets it together in time, maybe she can follow me up to Dabob. That is if American Iron is acceptable.
See you soon,

Mark and Company