View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 05:34 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Re: Wheel experts have a look!

Quote:
Originally Posted by essveeexxee View Post
I think they'll look sharp. Don't know enough to say whether or not they'll rub. The one's that were on there would give it the retro look which I think is cool and would do to save the cash. (But you said something about being round so I may be missing something with the old ones.)

Looks like you're making some good progress. What have you got done and what else is there to do? That's going to be a nice looking car.
2 of the old ones are way out of round, they are missing center caps, (nearly impossible to find for 'em), two are missing the center cap nubs and all would need refinishing. It was more of a cost issue to go with some new wheels then a look. Plus the added benefit of being able to get a z rated tire.

Car is running and most all the electrics work. I'd say it idles around 85-90 decibels with a very mean pushrod sound. Need a rear marker, rear pads front bumper tires and mirrors and it is ready for inspection.