View Single Post
Old 09-23-2002, 01:48 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow248
First of all, any car with 225/50s is not going to be very good in the snow...so i wonder if those ratings are relative to the car, or just generic?
I disagree. I found the SVX to be very sure-footed in the snow. How much was due to the car and how much to the tires? I have no idea. I just know that I was driving in snow deeper than the SVX had clearance. Granted, I hung the car up once. But other than that I've never had the SVX stuck.

As for general performance in the snow, I've always thought that the SVX had the power to get me in trouble and the ability to get me back out.

'Oh for crying out...look what you've gone and done. Okay, let me save your butt again...'

Understand that, in accordance with my rants about the average driver not understanding driving physics, I'm not just saying I felt confident in the car in snow. I was genuinely impressed with the SVX in any type of slippery condition and overall I have experienced much more control than in my old 4WD Toyota pickup. Granted, that truck had more ground clearance and narrower tires. But the SVX's variable AWD, ABS, low center of gravity and limited slip diff have proven to be a fantastic combination.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE

Last edited by Mr. Pockets; 09-23-2002 at 01:52 PM.