View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 10:14 AM
Soon to own a fuctional SVX

Send a message via AIM to STeeL25T
Re: What to expect from a built motor

My setup will be single turbo, WRX 5 speed with Legacy GT 1-2 gear swap keeping the final drive. Hopefully that wont shatter like glass I can't spring for anything better than that. Do you think running it in front wheel drive mode with the fuse in would put less stress on launching?

I like the Hydra but I want to bypass it if I can for the time being, it just costs too much. I understand this isn't a cheap game, and I'm no stranger to dumping thousands of dollars into crazy swaps, but I'm just don't want to spring for it right up front when I have so many other things to pay for, then when it done I still wont be able to drive it for waiting for the stand alone and sensors and maps and dyno tuning.

If thats the case then I guess I'd be at he mercy of the MAF, whatever the Z32 one tops out at I guess.

I know you know what your talking about Mike but I'm hoping to avoid some of that... Heres to hoping I have never built a motor before so I'm not sure what to expect. It seems logical that once its built then its just a matter of how big of a snail I slap on it, but of course its never that easy.