View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 11:15 AM

Re: installed polished intake manifold and phenolic spacers today (pictures inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbieatnz View Post
What is a dual action sander?

is it ok to use a grinder fitted with a finer grade sanding disk?
or would it be to hard core and easly gouge the alloy manifold?
Our dremal had annoying gone for a walk about

A dual action sander is a sander that does circles and random orbits at the same time. It does both actions at once, so it's called a dual action sander or "DA" for short. I've actually done my fair share of manifolds by hand even, so it can be done with anything, but it just takes much longer. You can use whatever tools are easy as long as you're using sandpaper on the end of it. Just remember that it must be done by hand once you get to the fine grits, or it just won't look very nice.

Ridered777, thank you. If you're interested, yes a core does help but it's not necessary. If you're purchasing one without a core, it's $300 shipped, and if you send me a core, it's $225. I will do post-core as well, but you'd have to pay the $300 up front, and then I would just refund your $75 core charge once I receive your manifold.

If you want to attempt to do it yourself, that's fine too, it doens't bother me. Heck, I'll even give you some tips if you want.

Home of the Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar!!