View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 07:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to Green1995SVX Send a message via Yahoo to Green1995SVX
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: Just bought car in Denver. Can someone pick me up at the airport?

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
Congrats on the safe trip home Mike! Did you happen to hit any railroad tracks? Just curious how the cowl shake was on it. I'm guessing they would've had to add a little (actually a lot) more rigidity to it compared to the stock 9-3 conv. If you know that RR track in Manheim, when moving Snobs for the auction I would swear the my teeth would still be chattering when I got to the main lot from hitting that thing in a conv. I definately like the color of it too! Every Viggen I remember seeing was that look at me electric blue color. Now you'll be able to eat some Stangs from redlights and confuse 'em too! Just start a good upper body strength workout for that torque steer!
The Viggens have an extra brace to help with the cowl shake, but it's still there. They make a product called the VRK, or "Viggen Rescue Kit." It's a series of braces to help with cowl shake as well as the torque steer.

I originally wanted to find one in Lightning Blue. I also wanted a coupe. Not a convertible. This one came up though at an amazing price. I also went to the Saab dealer in Denver and got all of the service records for the car. It was very well serviced. The previous owner had a new convertible top installed recently, as well as some AC work and a new clutch. It drives great. I'm very happy with it.

Mike
2001 Audi S8