View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 08:18 AM

Re: Identify these wheels please!

The mesh wheels above look like BBS RC or older RX-like design or something... a bit older than current offerings, but still cool.

I wonder if there is a fitment of the Japanese-made RG-F in 16" diameter 5-bolt that would fit like OEM 16s... They are forged, and supposedly quite light. I wish I could afford a 4-bolt set for my Miata.

I've long thought the CO, the cast version of the CH (like Challenge, as in Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale, which wore a very similar designed BBS wheel.) might look good on SVX. They also come in less huge sizes compared to the CH wheel. CO comes in 16, 17, and 18" fitments. CK also looks similar.

I really wish the CX-R came in less than 19" fitments... 17, or 18 would be about perfect. Imagine how this would look on a black-roof SVX, especially a pearlie, or silver...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear View Post
I would love to see that wheel on the SVX!!
those almost look like Lorinser wheels... which usually only fit Mercedes Benz, unless there is a Benz that has 5x114 wheels...

They look very similar to the ones on the Tesla Model S concept. I remain unconvinced of battery power for electric drive vehicles. (batteries seem far too limited and compromised for practical automotive uses...) but the styling on the Model S is pretty good, aside from the odd oval grille.

And if those wheels were available as 18x8, 5x114.3, high offset, they would look pretty cool on SVX. I don't think they are, though... I am not sure how they fit the 350Z that SilverSpear posted... unless hub-pattern adapters were used.

The one-piece is called RS8, 20-21 inch diameter.

The two-piece is LM6, which is what SilverSpear's attachment picture seems to show, and are 19-20 inches in diameter.

There may be knock-offs of that design, but I am unaware of them... I am also unsure if SLK or other MB cars offer a 5x114.3 bolt pattern, like many cars, including SVX, Tribeca, and 05+ STI have. I though most of them had 5x112, making MB wheel fitments somewhat unique, like BMW sometimes using 5x120, Porsche using 5x130, and Audi using 5x110, like other Subarus and some VWs, although Audi and VW using closer to 35mm offset, which is too low an offset for most Subarus, regardless of bolt pattern.

Last edited by BoxerFanatic; 05-26-2009 at 08:43 AM.