View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 07:10 AM

Re: Wiring for manual gearbox on Oz, JDM & European Cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
Cam

In the Oz box both sensors are of the same type, so SS1[at the back] and SS2[inside the box] both output the same type of signal.

In the case of your original Oz auto box your speedo would have been reading off SS2, which in the Australian case is inside the gearbox with the signal wire exiting from left hand loom going forward.

In the case of the JDM box you installed, the SS2 signal would originally have been from the two wires coming out of the front diff, and would be the Hall Effect type. Your Oz speedo would not recognise that signal, so whoever put in your gearbox fed the rear external SS1 signal to it, and that is the same range as your OZ speedo expects and can display.

For the chap in Germany changing to a manual gearbox, he needs to feed his speedo the Hall Effect type signal, at least I think he does if the information we have is correct. He would have to check if the SS2 signal feeding the speedometer on his German auto gearbox is fed from inside and coming up the left loom like your Oz type, or fed from the two wires coming off the front diff, like the JDM and USA types.

Joe
I know mine was a plug and play they didnt change any wiring they just plugged in the harness's and the speedo still worked i do have a duty solenoid issue(disconnected/manual switch) because the front sensor isnt hooked up

cam