View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 06:24 AM

Registered SVX
Re: Wipers not "summer" parking; any advice welcome.

The wiper parking position select switch is of simple SP on/off configuration which has one contact with a lead to ground, so as to ground the other lead when closed/on. It will be a simple matter to check the switch and circuit. The ground lead should be black.

The motor incorporates two limit switches, which would provide two selectable park positions. One of the limit switches will be overridden so as to achieve extra travel for the concealed parking position. All circuits terminate at the wiper control unit so that the actual arrangement can not be ascertained.

It would appear logical to have both limit switches in the ground leg of the motor circuit, and the selector switch arranged to ground the second limit switch to open. As a result the motor would continue to run until the second opened. However automotive electrics are seldom logical and complication is the norm. An interposing relay within the control module, would allow the designer all sorts of options to play with.

P.S. I can see no relationship between the B+ supply to the wiper and window circuits, but both could possibly share the same ground point.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!

Last edited by Trevor; 05-13-2009 at 06:39 AM. Reason: P.S. added.