View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 08:26 PM

Re: Wiring for manual gearbox on Oz, JDM & European Cars.

I think it is best to sort out the speedo first so here goes, its very simple and can be done to a working siple level in about 2 hours.

The sender on the gearbox has the following wires:-
from the left with the catch or lump on the top of the connector. The first terminal needs to go to the postive power on the battery (later we will wirer it better), next terminal to the ground of the body of the car, the last is the signal wirer.
Okay locate the white wirer on the 16 pin terminal block terminal 15, second last bottom row right side of the plug. My wire is white with a slight black strip, that connects to the signal.
I will come back with the wiring under the dash in the next day.
Tony
1995 - SVX 700,000 K Mine, DMS Struts to lift car 2in. Tyres Wrangler Silent Armor 235/70R16, PBR Radiator. 6 speed with DCCD and R180 rer diff, Heavy duty top strut mounts front and rear. Speedo correction box fitted. New stero (gave up on the old one). Back seat removed and 2 spare tyres fitted for desert driving. ECUTune SC sitting in the box for the next SVX.
1992 - SVX 255 K Wife (Want to stay Married so not allowed to fit SC)
1992 - SVX Pearl with black roof race car roll cauge etc ready to race. Ex Tasman Targa car.
1995 - SVX Green low k mint condiation.
1995 - SVX Rally car, ex Matts car. Now to be used on track.
1992 - SVX red & Black being converted to Mid Engine.
1995 - SVX Red 143,000 bit rough.
Owned 5 others Subaru back to a 1974 1400 GSR.